Thursday, May 17, 2012

..didn't sleep, but I made breakfast!


In the words of Bobby Lewis.....


Honestly, not a wink.  I feel like a Mama who's stayed up with baby....accept I ain't got no baby....or like someone who works the night shift at the Waffle House....nope, I have neither the excuse that there is a little one depending on me to live, or that I feed people waffles and grits in the wee hours of the morning.....I just could not sleep.  So because I feel inspired by the spirit of them hard workin' Waffle House ladies.... I'm 'bout to make me some eggs.

I rarely ever eat breakfast....but I am a HUGE advocate for breakfast eating, and today, I am gonna walk my talk :-)  I got these eggs at the farm around the corner, and the first time I pulled into their driveway, I almost ran over a chicken! They ain't lyin' when they call 'em free range. I've apparently taken on ain't and other slang phrases as acceptable words for this blog today...

I just came up with a new joke:
"Why did the chicken cross the road?"
....'cause that chicken was FREE RANGE!
Oh man...I can tell I'm probably going to later regret the sheer corniness of this sleepless-night, early-morning blog :-/

My Mom and I used to lay upside down on the couch with our heads hanging off because we heard, somewhere, that if you do that for 5 minutes, it has the same effect on your body as a 30-minute power nap.....I'm skeptical, but not above trying it now, before I have to head to class ;-)

Much love and farm-fresh eggs,
Julie
p.s. Don't ya just love oldies music?  Its the best.  If you are having a rough day, and someone puts oldies on...how can you not at least smile, right? I've always wished that I lived back then...when times were simpler and all the chickens roamed free :-)



8 comments:

  1. Mmmm... Waffle house! This blog entry is best served covered, chunked and smothered...
    Love,
    Jeff
    P.S.-- Hope you were able to get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...how did they figure that asking if you wanted your hash browns "chunked" would be an appetizing way of inquiring if you wanted little pieces of ham in them?

      Delete
  2. Ahhh yes. The Waffle House is the best. I actually tried to order free range eggs there one time and the lady responded.... "son, if you want eggs you're gonna have to pay for 'em"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog post. You crack me up, Jewel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha did the chicken joke remind you of a motto we used to have?
      I like my women like I like my food cage-free and raw.... ;-)
      How do you feel about gingerbread MEN!? haha I laugh at that, even now...

      Delete
  4. Cute post...hope you stayed awake in class. What are you studying?
    You've almost inspired me to investigate the possibility of obtaining healthy food in this area...we do have a source of local honey.
    When I go to WalMart and see the magic bullet-type blenders, I smile real big.

    ReplyDelete